Well ladies and gents, I welcome you once again to the place where we cast our real lives away for the few moments it takes to read this, and just bask in the awesomeness of nerdom. We have an awesome week lined up for you and an awesome cosplayer for you to get to know a little better! So let’s kick reality outside for a minute and lock the door and get this started!
The news came like lightning and has flashed around the internet!
Well this week we got a sneak peek of the new (and some what improved) Flash costume for the new CW show. It was designed by Oscar-winner Colleen Atwood. They seemed to have done a good job not making him look like a compete tool! The pictures did well at making it look awesome in the iconic pose of the Flash! (Actor Grant Gustin. Yup, the guy from Glee)
There’s no real way of telling how this will go until we get to see it on the small screen, but if Arrow is any indication it should be pretty awesome! The show has shown how doing a comic T.V. show should be done. (Take notes Agent of S.H.E.I.L.D.) Honestly I can’t wait to see this! Not a huge DC comics fan but the show has made me a fan, at least a fan of the Arrow. Better than nothing I suppose.
Captain America: The Winter Solider… The best Marvel movie yet?
According to a few sources and stories across the internet, there are many people that are saying that this is the best Marvel movie yet. This surprises me. Not that Cap can’t make a great movie, but the first one was not the best movie of the series (again, not bad, just not great. Don’t comment below telling me about all of it’s virtues. Comment below about anything else though.)
On top of that interesting news, the mid and ending credit scenes got “leaked”. The ending credit scene, like most of them, was no biggie…
Spoilers!! This is your first and only warning!
…It’s just the winter solider looking over an exibit about James Buchanan “Bucky” Barnes. Finding out that Cap had been telling him the truth about who he really was.
Now the mid-credit scene is the one that caught my attention…. Here is an excerpt
“After the fall of both S.H.I.E.L.D. & HYDRA we see Baron Von Strucker (Thomas Kretschmann) in his underground lair. Loki’s scepter can be seen here, as well as 2 special prisoners: the “twins”. These are of course Quicksilver (Aaron Taylor-Johnson) and Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen). Quicksilver is bouncing from one end in his cell to another while Scarlet Witch is stacking some building blocks with her mind. Watching them, Von Strucker announces “The Age of Miracles” is upon us. And with that we learn the new name for mutants in the Marvel movieverse.”
(Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=95838#EI5KErQrk4p6qISb.99)
After the… let’s call it interesting, shall we… costume look over Quick Silver in the new Xmen movie. This comes as a welcome surprise. Im sure that Days of Future Past will be an amazing movie but the look of some of the costumes is… interesting
In gaming news this week we had the release of one of the most anticipated games of the year, Titan Fall! I must admit guys, this is the first time I have actually wished that I had gotten an Xbox One instead of my PS4. It has reportedly resulted in the sale of 1 million Xbox Ones! (Soon to be me included)That would be an insane amount sales just based on that one game. The game looks absolutely amazing and if the reviews of this game have anything close to a bit of truth, this game is more than amazing! I truly cannot wait to get the chance to get my hands on it. If you have the game, make sure to comment below and let us know what you think about it!
For our five questions this week we have the pleasure of talking with the lovely Pretty Lush Cosplay. She’s an incredible talented lady and just awesome all around. Let’s take a second and get to know her just a little bit better. What do you say
1. Would you rather cosplay Princess Peach or Princess Zelda?
1) I would have to go with Princess Peach! She’s not just the damsel in distress, though she often is. She was a playable character much before Zelda ever was, and she’s not always simple a fair princess, she can also be stubborn and humorous. Much like myself so I can relate to her better than the stoic Princess Zelda.
2. If you had to choose one nerdy tattoo to get, what would it be?
2) Well I do already have one nerdy tattoo! I have the rebel alliance symbol on my back. I have been itching for another though. I was thinking Boba Fetts helmet with sarlacc tentacles around it!
3. Is there a video game you just get sucked into and play for hours?
3) Any game from the Elder Scrolls series I can waste a ton of time on! I love RPGs. The Bioshock, Assassins Creed, and Red Dead Redemption are also a few of my favorites. There was a time I played a whole lot of COD too.
4. Who is a band/artist that’s on your phone or computer that you don’t always admit you like?
4) Oh this one is kind of embarrassing me for, but Paramore. I know it’s lame, but I’m a girl so I think that makes it okay.
5. Do you have any new cosplays planned for 2014? What are your plans?
5) Lots of plans for 2014, someone needs to stop me! I’m currently working on; Harley Quinn in a Playboy bunny suit (I know) and Supergirl. I’m going to be in a couple Disney groups for Dragon Con. One is Disney meets Star Wars where I’ll be Ariel dressed as Slave Leia, and another where we’re doing pinup style Disney princesses as Ariel again. Further into the year probably Pixie from X-Men and a female version of Captain America might be in my future!
We’d like to thank Pretty Lush Cosplay for taking the time to do this! Enjoy the small gallery above and make sure to check out her facebook to see more! Go click the like button and make sure to let her know who sent you! Click here!
Speaking of Facebook, Make sure to like ours as well to keep up with all the news and laughs you can handle! We have also joined Twitter!
Till next week, we leave the playground and back to life. Again, check us out on Facebook to be able to be on the Playground everyday! Enjoy the rest of the week and make sure join us every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday right here! Have a great week!