Written by: Native Gamer
All in all this week is a good week to be a gamer, we are treated to a new IP in the Evil Within (touted as being reminiscent of the classic horror era of the original Silent Hill and Resident Evil games). Also we finally get our hands on the highly anticipated sequel in the new Borderlands game. Both games that I personally have yet to get my hands on, but have heard many good things about, from trusted sources and friends alike. In related news, Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro’s ‘Silent Hills’ has a tentative release date of the fall of 2016. It is going to be built on the Fox Engine and based on the fact that Kojima has reportedly said the Playable Teaser was toned back graphically, we can expect beautifully horrifying things from the full game.
But this week has seen its share of controversy as well, with the Trailer for the Polish made game ‘Hatred’ hitting the web and making the rounds. ‘Hatred’, an isometric shooter, based on what we have seen so far is going to put you in the role of a serial killer in at least a semi open world. The premise itself is enough to give most people pause, but the chilling monologue from the games ‘protagonist’ that accompanied it, really sets the tone for why people are unsure of how to feel about this game. The only thing I can say is, this isn’t the kind of game that I would ever play, but they have the right to make and release it. Whether it will ever make it that far, or if it could actually gain traction in the market, will have to wait until it’s released to be seen.
In other news the League of Legends World Championship Finals was aired on ESPN3 on Sunday October 19th. This is a big achievement for ESports, despite the fact that ESPN as a whole is still hesitant to acknowledge ESports as anything more than a competitive hobby. But with each new generation, and each successful big MLG event this industry will grow. You tell me if it looks like a small event? (picture on right)
Below is a full list of the news and releases this week
This week was a big week for releases, with the following ten titles:
- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (Microsoft Windows, OS X, Linux/steam OS, PlayStation 3, X Box 360, and PlayStation Vita)
- Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures 2 (Microsoft Windows, Nintendo 3DS, Wii U, , PlayStation 3, X Box 360)
- Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition (Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4 and X Box One)
- The Evil Within (Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, X Box 360, and X Box One)
- The Walking Dead: Season 1 (PlayStation 4, and X Box One)
- Peggle 2 (PlayStation 4)
- Killer Instinct: Season 2 (X Box One)
- Legend of Grimrock 2 (Microsoft Windows)
- Paper Monsters Recut (Wii U)
- Lone Survivor (Wii U)
Also in gaming news and rumors this week:
- Silent Hills, the game from the minds of Hideo Kojima (Metal Gear Solid) and Guillermo Del Toro (Pan’s Labyrinth) and staring Norman Reedus (Boondock Saints), has a possible tentative release date in the Fall of 2016
- ESPN 3 will be showing the League of Legends World Championship finals at 1:30 AM CST
- WWE 2K15’s soundtrack listing was released, featuring two new songs by WWE superstar John Cena with Wiz Khalifa
- A new foreign IP simply title ‘Hatred’ has been announced, with criticism due to the nature of the Isometric Shooter
- Vines are now viewable through an application on the X Box One
- Irish Postal Services set to release a stamp collection that includes classic video game characters such as Mario, Sonic the Hedgehog, and Pac-Man
Did we miss your favorite news and/or rumor to be released this week? Let us know in the comments below! Make sure to fill out the poll below also! Till next week guys, just keep gaming!